Message from the Superintendent
ACS CLOSED FOR THE VACATION: June 17-July 17
There will be a lot of activity on campus during this time as we complete routine maintenance and campus improvement projects. With workers and heavy equipment present we want to reduce any risk to families and children. The school will therefore be closed for all business from June 17th to July 17th. It is important for all families to conclude all business, including payments and any special requests prior to June 14. The ACS office re-opens on July 18th. You will be receiving information about student registration for the 2019-2020 school year in the coming weeks.
REGISTRATION FOR 2019-2020
Thank you to all Association members who attended the April 24th, Final General Assembly for the 2018-19 school year. We celebrated student achievements, reviewed recent survey data, and recognized our Parent Class Reps and parents who distinguished themselves by participating in many of our Cougar Parent Learning Community Forums. Please see the April 24 General Assembly presentation by clicking this link.
BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
Congratulations to our newly elected ACS Board Members: Michael Ose, Jackie Bluth, J.M. Saxton Ruiz, Roberto Barragan, Heiner Skaliks, Marcelo Trigo, Eirivelthon Lima, and Alvaro Romero. Thank you to all the candidates for running and all Association Members for exercising your right to vote.
STRATEGIC PLAN UPDATE
The ACS Board is happy to announce that with your help they have completed the 2019-2024 ACS Strategic Plan. Please click here to see the Strategic Plan that describes the school improvement goals and priorities that will prepare your children to act on the world with confidence, purpose and integrity.
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY: Record Attendance
Our Cougar Parent Learning Community attendance rose 83% this year. We believe this is because parents are increasingly seeing the value of these forums as we partner in raising ethical, responsible global citizens.
You can review all the Cougar Learning Community Parent Forum Presentations by clicking on the links listed in the Fast Links section below. The Cougar Parent Learning Community is designed to empower you with relevant research-based information and strategies related to effective parenting and cultivating healthy social emotional development in your children. Please see this year's offer by clicking on this link. We look forward to recognizing parents who regularly attend these events with a special certificate awarded at the final General Assembly of the year on April 24.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Wednesday, May 15: Secondary Music Concert at 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 20: ES Extra-curriculars End
- Tuesday-Friday, May 21-24: Senior Exams
- Wednesday-Friday, May 22-24: ES Cougar Cup
- Friday, May 24: Senior Farewell
Plays for 7th grade:
May 21st, 2019
6:00 What Happens After Once Upon a Time
7:00 A Walk in the Woods
Plays for 8th grade:
May 23rd, 2019
6:00 Legend of Sleepy Hollow
7:00 The Day of Internet Died
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Newtwork Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- In School Fundraising Accounting (KG3-12)
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Self-Nomination Form for Board Elections 2019-2020
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
- 2019-2020 Financial Aid Application (English)
- 2019-2020 Aplicacion Para Ayuda Financiera (Espanol)
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
- 2018-19 Full list of Parent Forums
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2018-19
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.