Message from the Superintendent
Dear ACS Community,
BOARD ELECTIONS are this Wednesday, April 25. All eligible Association members are encouraged to cast their vote between 8:00a.m. and 5:00p.m. at the voting box located outside the Superintendent's office or from 6:30-8:00p.m. in the Theatre lobby. There will be a brief "Meet and Greet" reception from 6:30-7:00p.m. in the Theatre lobby to provide you the opportunity to meet candidates who are running for Board membership. We will begin the General Assembly at 7:00p.m. immediately following the reception.
Thank you for "finding your roar" by completing our annual Parent Engagement Survey. I look forward to sharing the results with you at this week's General Assembly.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COUGAR CUP
- Middle School will be participating in the Cougar Cup in Basketball and Track and Field
- Please come support our Middle School Athletes!! GO COUGARS!
INTERNATIONAL DAY: MAY 5
Please save the date for our annual celebration of International Day from 11:00-3:00 p.m.. Musical performances and food from around the world will highlight the diversity of our community. We will also enjoy friendly athletic competitions, share cultural traditions and each other's company. Thank you in advance to all of the parent volunteers. Be sure to wear your heritage dress or any traditional costume from your country of choice!
SWIMMING ELEMENTARY NEWS
- Beginning Monday, April 16th your child will be swimming during their Elementary PE class. This will be for KG5, 1ST and 5th grades only. They will need to bring their swimming suit and a towel each day that they have PE. They may also bring goggles if needed. They will be required to wear a swimming cap at all times. If they do not wear one, then they will not be allowed in the pool. This swimming unit will last until Friday, May 4th. A lifeguard will be present. See you in the POOL!
- Beginning Monday, May 7th your child will be swimming during their Elementary PE class. This will be for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades only. They will need to bring their swimming suit and a towel each day that they have PE. They may also bring goggles if needed. They will be required to wear a swimming cap at all times. If they do not wear one, then they will not be allowed in the pool. This swimming unit will last until Friday, May 25th. A lifeguard will be present. See you in the POOL!
ENSURING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
Please remember the following expectations regarding driving and entering campus:
- Drive slowly: children are present
- Please do not park in the zebra crosswalks or move any parking cones or signs
- Make sure your ACS ID badge is visible at all times when entering and on campus
- Make sure you have an appointment if you wish to enter campus during the school day
2018-19 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
It is my pleasure to provide you with the important dates (click on the link) from our 2018-19 academic calendar.
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Friday, April 20: STUCO Movie Night
- April 23-27: SS MAP Testing
- Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 a.m. (Parent Forum SS) How can I help my child improve their self-esteem. Parenting strategies that work.
- April 23-27: SS MAP Testing
- April 26-28 MS Cougar Cup
- April 26: Fine Arts Celebration
- April 27: Last Day of HS Athletics
- April 30: 5th grade Science Fair; 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- May 1: Bolivian Holiday: No School
- May 2: Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 3rd: 5-6th grade Transition Parent Meeting
- May 5: KG3 Screening
- May 5: International Day: 11:00-3:00p.m.
- May 7: 4th Grade Parent Meeting: Purchasing your child's musical instrument for next year
- May 7-18: AP Exams
- May 10: College visit from Harvard, Georgetown and U. of Pennsylvania
- May 10: MS Athletic Banquet
- May 11: Middle School Madness
Cougar Parent Learning Community
We are happy to launch an initiative that recognizes all our parents who demonstrate outstanding devotion to their child's eduction by attending a certain number of qualified school events including the Cougar Parent Learning Community forums. We look forward to recognizing these parents by presenting them with the Cougar Parent Education Award at April's General Assembly. So be involved and get rewarded with knowledge, skills and your certificate. We have two Cougar Parent Learning Forums in February.
- Thursday, April 26 at 8:30 a.m. (SS) How can I help my child improve their self-esteem. Parenting strategies that work.
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2017-2018
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Reglamento Interno
- Staff Directory
- Chain of Command
- Election of Board Members
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
- Financial Aid Application (English)
- Financial Aid Application (Spanish)
- Cougar Parent Learning Community
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2017-18