Message from the Superintendent
Dear ACS Families,
Welcome back to school and Happy New Year. We are delighted to begin 2nd semester and it is a pleasure to see the smiling faces of your children as they engage in their learning activities. Please see below for important updates and reminders:
IMPORTANT DATES 2020-2021 CALENDAR
I am pleased to share the approved the 2020-2021 ACS School Calendar. Please see the list of important dates by clicking here.
Your dollars at work. Besides our regularly scheduled maintenance we are happy to inform you of other campus improvements we have been making since the beginning of the year. Please see below for a partial list:
- 16 new security cameras installed
- New campus lighting including more environmentally friendly and cost effective LED lights, new fixtures and a complete upgrade of the filed lighting
- Renovation of the Elementary bathrooms outside of the auditorium and library
- New industrial ovens, stoves, grill, fryer and dishwasher in the cafeteria
- New flagpoles and country flags to celebrate our diversity and unity
and coming soon this semester:
- New state of the art K-12 multimedia room complete with professional lighting, cameras, sound system and green screen
- More new trees
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Article for Parents: How to talk to children about difficult news
- Activity for parents to do with child: Construir Esperanza- Bolivia
- Booklet for parents: Hablando a los niños en crisis
Article for Parents: Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
The pool will be closed until Monday, January 18 as we complete routine maintenance.
It is our pleasure to launch the new ACS Website. The purpose of this website is to establish a powerful and meaningful web presence, and to celebrate the learning community we have established here at ACS with the rest of the world. I hope you enjoy browsing the new site.
The Cougar Hub will remain the primary resource for parents who want accurate, up to date information about the school in real-time.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Tuesday, January 7: Classes resume: Beginning of Semester 2
- Friday, January 10: Excellence and SS Academic Awards Ceremony
- January 7- 10: Secondary after school Sports Sign Ups
- January 13-16: Elementary Extracurricular Sign Ups
- Monday, January 13: KG3 & KG4
- Tuesday, January 14: KG5 - 5th Grade FINE ARTS AND ACADEMICS
- Thursday, January 16: KG5 - 5th Grade ATHLETICS
- Wednesday, January 15: Early dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 22: No School- Bolivian Holiday
- Monday, January 27: Board Meeting 7:00 p.m.
SUPPLY LIST 2019-2020
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2020 ACS Child Protection Policy
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2019-2024 Plan Estratégico
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Network Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
A list of the 2019-2020 Parent Forums is coming soon.
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- Dec. 4 Building Resilience in Children After a Crisis
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.