Message from the Superintendent
ACS CLOSED FOR THE VACATION: June 17-July 17
There will be a lot of activity on campus during this time as we complete routine maintenance and campus improvement projects. With workers and heavy equipment present we want to reduce any risk to families and children. The school will therefore be closed for all business from June 17th to July 17th. It is important for all families to conclude all business, including payments and any special requests prior to June 14. The ACS office re-opens on July 18th.
REGISTRATION FOR 2019-2020
Below is the schedule to come to the ACS Calvert auditorium to register for the 2019-2020 school year. Please note that no student will be allowed to begin the school year before their parent/guardian completes all registration requirements including completing the on-lne forms, pays all outstanding bills and pays the first tuition installment. For complete information on the registration process for 2019-2020 please see these linked letters: 2019-2020 Registration Information (English), Carta de Inscripcion 2019-2020 (Spanish)
All students should be registered before the first day of school to ensure no delays with entry.
Monday, July 29: 8:30-12:00 noon (doors close each day at 11:45 a.m.)
Tuesday, July 30: 8:30-12:00 noon (doors close each day at 11:45 a.m.)
Wednesday, July 31: 8:30-12:00 noon (doors close each day at 11:45 a.m.)
Thursday, August 1: 8:30-12:00 noon (doors close each day at 11:45 a.m.)
Friday, August 2: 8:30-12:00 noon (doors close this day at 11:45 a.m.)
Monday, August 5: 8:30-2:00 p.m. (doors close each day at 1:45 p.m.)
Tuesday, August 6: Bolivian Holiday: School closed
Parents unable to come during the week prior to the beginning of the school year may come during the scheduled times below; however, please note that there is no option to register on the first day of school Wednesday, August 7 and students will not be allowed to begin classes until the entire registration process is completed.
Thursday, August 8: 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Friday, August 9: 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Some important items to note:
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- June 17-July 17: ACS Campus and All School Offices Closed
- July 29-August 5: 2019-2020 Registration Open for all Families
- August 7: First Day of School: Registration closed until August 8
- August 8-9: Late Registration: 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- August 13 Tuesday Secondary: Back-To-School Night at 6:00 p.m.
- August 14 Wednesday Elementary: Back-To-School Night at 6:00 p.m.
Supply Lists 2019-2020
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2019-2024 Plan Estratégico
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Newtwork Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- In School Fundraising Accounting (KG3-12)
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
- 2019-2020 Financial Aid Application (English)
- 2019-2020 Aplicacion Para Ayuda Financiera (Espanol)
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
- 2018-19 Full list of Parent Forums
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2018-19
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.