Message from the Superintendent
SPECIAL CORONA CoVid-19 VIRUS RESOURCE PAGE
We continue to closely monitor reports from the Bolivian Ministry of Health, World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control and the State Department about the current pandemic and assess any possible threat to the ACS community. ACS has emergency plans for infectious diseases when they threaten our community and at this time, we have fully implemented our ACS Distance Learning Plan.
Continuamos monitoreando de cerca los informes del Ministerio de Salud de Bolivia, la Organización Mundial de la Salud, el Centro para el Control de Enfermedades y el Departamento de Estado sobre la epidemia actual y evaluamos cualquier posible amenaza para la comunidad de ACS. El ACS tiene planes de emergencia para enfermedades infecciosas cuando amenazan a nuestra comunidad y ahora estamos en nuestra ACS Distance Learning Plan.
Resources for Parents
- How to speak with your children about Coronavirus (Spanish Translation click here)
- General information about coronaviruses (Spanish Translation click here)
- Guidelines for Keeping Students Home From School (Spanish Translation click here)
- ACS Distance Learning Expectations
- Health Risk Management Rubric
Consistent with our current expectations regarding preventing the spread of contagious diseases please also see our guidelines for keeping students home from school (p. 50 of SS Handbook, p. 40 of ES Handbook).
De acuerdo con nuestras expectativas actuales con respecto a la prevención de la propagación de enfermedades contagiosas, consulte también nuestras pautas para mantener a los alumnos en casa fuera del colegio (p. 50 del Manual de Secundaria, p. 40 del Manual de Primaria).
Dear ACS Families,
CoVid-19 is causing profound consequences in every aspect of our lives. Respecting your time and priorities my communications will only include what I believe to be the most important items. As we wrap up our first week of distance learning I want to again thank all parents for their active support of their learners at home. In light of the recent Government Mandates restricting movement we are reviewing our current distance learning schedule. Please see other important items below as well.
PARENT/STUDENT EXPERIENCE SURVEY RESULTS SUMMARY
Thank you for completing the recent parent survey. This is our second Parent Experience Survey that we hope you will complete by the end of the weekend. Below are some results from our first survey.
- 97 total respondents
- Our community average self-rating on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best is an 8.1
- Approximately 15% report intermittent connectivity challenges
- Approximately 17% report inconsistency with assigned work (some classes too much-some classes to little)
- Approximately 8% report challenges with lunch (too short, too early)
- Approximately 65% of ES respondents report that adjusted afternoon expectations are working
- Approximately 8% (mostly High School students) report that workload is too heavy
With Deep Respect,
ES AFTERNOON SCHEDULE
Specialists and Spanish teachers have sent out weekly activities for your child to choose from and complete. These teachers will be available, via Class Dojo, to answer any questions you or your child might have between 12 - 3 pm. daily.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS: DEADLINE EXTENSION: DUE MONDAY, APRIL 6 AT 3:00 P.M.
For those interested in applying for financial aid for the 2020-2021 school year please see information on how to apply in the on-line application form linked here and also below in the Fast Links Section: Financial Aid Application 2020-2021 (English) or Aplicacion Ayuda Financiera 2020-2021 (Spanish)
UNFORTUNATELY: HS FRIENDSHIP GAMES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Monday-Wednesday, March 30-April 1: COGNIA (AdvancED) Accreditation Team Visit
- Tuesday-Thursday , March 10 -12: HS Cougar Cup
- Friday, March 13: End of Quarter 3
- Monday- Friday, March 16-20: Spring Break No School
- Monday, March 23: Board Meeting
SUPPLY LIST 2019-2020
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2020 ACS Child Protection Policy
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2019-2024 Plan Estratégico
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile
- ACS Learning Principles
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Network Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
- Financial Aid Application 2020-2021 (English) or Aplicacion Ayuda Financiera 2020-2021 (Spanish)
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
2019-2020 Special Parent Forums/Articles
- How to Talk to Children About Coronavirus
- Special General Assembly: Nov. 21, 2019
- How to talk to children about difficult news
- Construir Esperanza- Bolivia
- Hablando a los niños en crisis
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- Dec. 4 Building Resilience in Children After a Crisis
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- 2018-19 General Assembly Presentations
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.