Message from the Superintendent
NEWS REGARDING SRA. CARMEN
I have received some questions from parents regarding Sra. Carmen, the woman who sits outside of school. The recent change in parking rules has resulted in constructive dialog between Carmen, the Alcalde and the school and I am writing to update you about these conversations.
The Alcaldia has approached Carmen to present a variety of options that would allow Carmen to legally work outside of school. Additionally, the Department of Social Services met with Carmen to explain how she could take advantage of their services.
To date, Carmen has refused to take advantage of the Alcaldia’s and the Department of Social Services offers of support and has not provided the basic information to allow either office to support her.
Today, I met with Carmen to help her understand the opportunities that the Alcaldia and Department of Social Services have offered her and her family. It will be up to Carmen to decide whether she wants to move forward with them.
In the meantime, with support from the Alcaldia I have agreed to respond to any parent questions or entertain any suggestions regarding Carmen. Please send these to my attention to: email@example.com Please refrain from posting any concerns on social media as these notices complicate the initiatives that the Alcalde and the school are enacting to support Carmen.
It is my pleasure to let you know that the new pool heater arrived on campus today and is being installed this weekend. Thank you for your patience and know that we are very excited to open the pool on January 28 for use by the community as scheduled.
REMINDER: GENERAL ASSEMBLY: Wednesday, January 30 from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Theatre
I cordially invite all ACS Association members to our second General Assembly of the year. Please come to get updates about student learning progress, financial aid, current enrollment and campus improvement. Remember that simultaneous translation will be available.
ALL SECONDARY WAAGS (Week at a Glance) POSTED
In response to parent feedback we are happy to provide links to all WAAGS for Secondary School Classes. Please click here to access the Week At A Glance for your child's courses. This link is also posted in the fast links section below as well as the Secondary Newsletter.
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
Our Cougar Parent Learning Community continues to be a success as we prepare for our next session this Wednesday, January 23 from 8:30-9:30 in the SS Library specifically designed for our secondary families on Substance Abuse Warning Signs. Read this article for more information prior to the forum.
You can review all the Cougar Learning Community Parent Forum Presentations by clicking on the links listed in the Fast Links section below. The Cougar Parent Learning Community is designed to empower you with relevant research-based information and strategies related to effective parenting and cultivating healthy social emotional development in your children. Please see this year's offer by clicking on this link. We look forward to recognizing parents who regularly attend these events with a special certificate awarded at the final General Assembly of the year on April 24.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Friday, January 18: TSA Night HS Library from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 22: Bolivian Holiday No School
- Monday, January 28: ACS Board Meeting from 7:00 – 9:00p.m.
- Wednesday, January 30: 2nd General Assembly: 7:00-8:00 p.m. ACS Theater
- Friday, February 22: Silent Auction (Off Campus): 7:00-9:00p.m.
- Saturday, February 23: Elementary Talent Show KG3-1 Theater 3:00pm – 5:30pm
- Monday, February 25: ACS Board Meeting : 7:00pm
MEET THE TEAM
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Newtwork Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- In School Fundraising Accounting (KG3-12)
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command
- Election of Board Members
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
- 2018-19 Full list of Parent Forums
- 2018-19 Presentations
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2018-19
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.