Message from the Superintendent
Dear ACS Families,
Welcome back to school for the beginning of Quarter 2. It is my pleasure to the first General Assembly of the year beginning at 7:00p.m. on Wednesday, October 23 in the Theatre. Come hear about student learning data, campus improvements and to celebrate our Excellence certificate and scholarship winners. Simultaneous translation will be available.
YOUR DONATION DOLLARS AT WORK
Thank you again to ACS parents and staff who, over the past 3 years, participated in our silent auctions. All money raised contributed to our pool facility renovations (see Before and After pictures here).
HS COUGAR CUP
Please join us for the HS Cougar Cup and cheer on our high school volleyball and soccer players.
SWIM WITH US
Take advantage of our newly renovated facilities and swim. Please use the pool and follow the rule:
Monday - Friday (SWIMMING LANE 1)- 3:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday - 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- USE THE CHANGING ROOMS. NO STREET CLOTHES OR SHOES PERMITTED ON THE POOL DECK.
- SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.
- DO NOT RUN OR PUSH.
- DO NOT BRING FOOD AND DRINK INTO THE POOL AREA.
- DO NOT TOUCH LANE LINES EXCEPT IN EMERGENCY.
- DIVE IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- PROPER SWIM ATTIRE AND SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
- FOLLOW ALL LIFE GUARD INSTRUCTIONS.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Monday, Oct. 14: Quarter 2 Begins
- Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 15-17: HS Cougar Cup from 3:15-7:45p.m.
- Wednesday, October 16: All Grades Early Dismissal at 12:00noon
- Wednesday, October 16: Parent/Teacher Conferences from12:45-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23: General Assembly 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 28: Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 25: Halloween Fair 6:00-9:00 p.m.
SUPPLY LIST 2019-2020
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2020 ACS Child Protection Policy
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2019-2024 Plan Estratégico
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Network Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
A list of the 2019-2020 Parent Forums is coming soon.
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Sports Complex Opening Hours (In Process of being revised for 2019-2020)
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.