Message from the Superintendent
BOARD ELECTIONS: YOUR CHANCE TO SERVE
The ACS Board has vacancies for American, Bolivian and 3rd Country members of the ACS Association. If you're interested in becoming an ACS Board member, please take a moment to complete the self-nomination form linked here. The deadline for all nominations is Monday, March 25 at 3:00 p.m. and Board Elections will take place from 8:30-7:00p.m. on Wednesday April 24.
In response to parent feedback we have compiled a list of ACS Staff ready to assist you. The list is organized according to the most frequent questions we receive about who to call when in need of a specific service. Check out the list of important contacts linked here for your convenience and also below in our Fast Links Section.
Please note that the Sports Complex will be closed during the Spring Break holiday, except on Saturday, March 16th and March 23rd from 2:00-6:00p.m.
2019-2020 FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS: DUE MONDAY, MARCH 18
For those interested in applying for financial aid for the 2019-20 school year please see information on how to apply in the on line application form linked here and also below in the Fast Links Section: Financial Aid Application 2019-2020 (English) or Aplicacion Ayuda Financiera 2019-2020 (Spanish)
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY: Record Attendance
Our Cougar Parent Learning Community continues to be a success and I want to personally thank all the parents who attended our most recent forum entitled Improving Communication With My Child. This presentation (linked here and also below) is filled with terrific tips to promote constructive communication with your toddler, child, pre-teen or high schooler.
You can review all the Cougar Learning Community Parent Forum Presentations by clicking on the links listed in the Fast Links section below. The Cougar Parent Learning Community is designed to empower you with relevant research-based information and strategies related to effective parenting and cultivating healthy social emotional development in your children. Please see this year's offer by clicking on this link. We look forward to recognizing parents who regularly attend these events with a special certificate awarded at the final General Assembly of the year on April 24.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Monday March 18 - Friday March 22: Spring Break
- Monday, March 25: Quarter 4 begins
- Monday, March 25: Board Meeting
- Wednesday, March 27: Early Release at 12:00 noon
- Wednesday, March 27: ES and SS Parent Teacher Conferences 12:45-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 3: Pep Rally - Varsity teams depart for Friendship Games
- Thursday, April 4 - Saturday, April 6: Varsity Teams return from Friendship Games
MEET THE TEAM
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Newtwork Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- In School Fundraising Accounting (KG3-12)
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Self-Nomination Form for Board Elections 2019-2020
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
- 2019-2020 Financial Aid Application (English)
- 2019-2020 Aplicacion Para Ayuda Financiera (Espanol)
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
- 2018-19 Full list of Parent Forums
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2018-19
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.