Dear ACS Parents,
The Alcaldia has adjusted their parking plan. The requirement to pay for parking has been lifted on the street marked as Higueras in the diagram below and on the street directly in front of our front gate up to Manzanos.
Message from the Superintendent
This week, we had our first emergency drill. ACS has 4 drills that are practiced 12 times a school year. These include: Fire, Safe Haven, Lock Down and Off Campus. Eight are announced and four are unannounced. Each year, staff and students review and practice procedures to ensure a quick and orderly process is followed in case of an emergency. Please take a moment to review the School's Quick Action Guide for an overview of how the school responds to emergencies.
SCHOOL NEWS: Transition to SBL
You are invited to a special parent presentation led by international consultant Ms. Tanya Lynch on Standards Based Learning at 8:30 on Wednesday, September 19 in the Secondary Library. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for a better understanding of Standards-Based Learning at ACS.
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
Thank you to the more than 35 parents who attended our presentations on How To Support My Child's Learning at Home. Click on these links to see the presentations Secondary or Elementary. Remember that you can review all the Cougar Learning Community Parent Forum Presentations by clicking on the links listed in the Fast Links section below. The Cougar Parent Learning Community is designed to empower you with relevant research-based information and strategies related to effective parenting and cultivating healthy social emotional development in your children. Please see this year's offer by clicking on this link. We look forward to recognizing parents who regularly attend these events with a special certificate awarded at the final General Assembly of the year on April 24.
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
- Monday, September 17, 8am – 8am Fall MAP Scores sent home
- Wednesday, September 19 Special Parent Presentation on SBL (Standards-Based Learning) at 8:30 a.m. in SS Library
- Wednesday, September 19, 2pm – 3pm Early Dismissal Grades KG5-12, 2-3
- Friday, September 21, 11am – 2pm Student Appreciation Day
- Monday, September 24 -September 29 - CWW Secondary
MEET THE TEAM
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2017-2018
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command
- Election of Board Members
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
- 2018-19 Full list of Parent Forums
- 2018-19 Presentations
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Board and General Assembly Meetings 2017-18
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.