- Welcome! - We are looking forward to a very busy and exciting school year with lots of activities.
- Secondary Library Hours - The library is open weekdays from 7:30am - 4:30pm. Come one. Come all. Everyone from the ACS Community is welcome to check out our latest arrivals and more.
- Overdue Books - Please be mindful that all books have a maximum of 2 weeks of checkout. Remember to return them on time so that other readers can enjoy them too. At the end of the school year students MUST return to the HS Library ALL textbooks and novels they checked out, otherwise they will have to pay for the lost ones.
- Date: February 13th | Time: 8:30 am | Event: Parent Forum: How do I improve communication with my child?
- Date: February 25th | Time: 19:00 pm | Event: Board Meeting.
- Date: February 26th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Emporia State University Presentation.
- Date: February 28th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: University of Arkansas Presentation.
- Date: March 13th | Time: 12:47 pm | Event: NYU Abu Dhabi Presentation
- Date: March 14th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Universidad Austral Presentation.
Did You Know?
When Michael Bierut was tapped to design a logo for public school libraries, he had no idea that he was embarking on a years-long passion project. In this often hilarious talk, he recalls his obsessive quest to bring energy, learning, art and graphics into these magical spaces where school librarians can inspire new generations of readers and thinkers.
This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.
Click here to visit the libraries' online catalogs.
- Sites & Links
- Bibme - This is a free fully automatic bibliography makes generating citations easy.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections - With millions of books, recordings, photographs, newspapers, maps and manuscripts in its collections, the library of Congress is a good place to find rich, diverse and enduring sources of knowledge.
- LibriVox Audio Books - This website provides free access to over 24,000 audio books. Each audio book can be streamed over the internet or downloaded for later use. All LibriVox audio books can be freely listened to and shared.
- Project Gutenberg - This website is the oldest digital library. It started as a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books. As of 3 October 2015, Project Gutenberg reached 50,000 items in its collection.