Quote of the Quarter
"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."
- Welcome! - We are looking forward to a very busy and exciting school year with lots of activities.
- Secondary Library Hours - The library is open weekdays from 7:30am - 4:30pm. Come one. Come all. Everyone from the ACS Community is welcome to check out our latest arrivals and more.
- Overdue Books - Please be mindful that all books have a maximum of 2 weeks of checkout. Remember to return them on time so that other readers can enjoy them too.
At the end of the school year students MUST return to the HS Library ALL textbooks and novels they checked out, otherwise they will have to pay for the lost ones.
- Date: October 18th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Universidad Europea del Atlantico Presentation.
- Date: October 25th | Time: 18:45 pm | Event: Parent Forum: Financial Aid for International Students.
- Date: November 14th | Time: 8:30 am | Event: Parent Forum: Living in the Digital Age.
- Date: December 6th | Time: 18:30 pm | Event: Parent Forum: What is the best way to help my child prepare for the College application.
Did You Know?
Click here to visit the libraries' online catalogs.
- Sites & Links
- Bibme - This is a free fully automatic bibliography makes generating citations easy.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections - With millions of books, recordings, photographs, newspapers, maps and manuscripts in its collections, the library of Congress is a good place to find rich, diverse and enduring sources of knowledge.
- LibriVox Audio Books - This website provides free access to over 24,000 audio books. Each audio book can be streamed over the internet or downloaded for later use. All LibriVox audio books can be freely listened to and shared.
- Project Gutenberg - This website is the oldest digital library. It started as a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books. As of 3 October 2015, Project Gutenberg reached 50,000 items in its collection.