Quote of the Quarter
Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.”
Kowalczyk P. (Ocf 24, 2018). 50 thought-provoking quotes about libraries and librarians. Retrieved from: https://ebookfriendly.com/best-quotes-about-libraries-librarians/
- Welcome! - We are looking forward to a very busy and exciting school year with lots of activities.
- Secondary Library Hours - The library is open weekdays from 7:30am - 4:30pm. Come one. Come all. Everyone from the ACS Community is welcome to check out our latest arrivals and more.
- Overdue Books - Please be mindful that all books have a maximum of 2 weeks of checkout. Remember to return them on time so that other readers can enjoy them too. At the end of the school year students MUST return to the HS Library ALL textbooks and novels they checked out, otherwise they will have to pay for the lost ones.
- Date: August 12th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: IE College Presentation.
- Date: August 15th | Time: 19:30 pm | Event: College Night.
- Date: August 16th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Kaplan UK Presentation.
- Date: August 20th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: College Spain-Switzerland Presentation.
- Date: August 22nd | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Universidad Privada SRZ Presentation.
- Date: August 26th | Time: 8:30 am | Event: Parents Representatives Meeting.
- Date: August 26th | Time: 19:00 pm | Event: Board Meeting.
- Date: August 28th | Time: 8:30 am | Event: Grade 6 Parents Meeting.
- Date: September 6th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: West Virginia Presentation.
- Date: September 13th | Time: 12:35 pm | Event: Hult University Presentation.
DID YOU KNOW?
How to recognize a dystopia - Alex Gendler
The genre of dystopia – the ‘not good place’– has captured the imaginations of artists and audiences alike for centuries. But why do we bother with all this pessimism? Alex Gendler explains how dystopias act as cautionary tales – not about some particular government or technology, but the very idea that humanity can be molded into an ideal shape.
Click here to visit the libraries' online catalogs.
- Sites & Links
- Bibme - This is a free fully automatic bibliography makes generating citations easy.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections - With millions of books, recordings, photographs, newspapers, maps and manuscripts in its collections, the library of Congress is a good place to find rich, diverse and enduring sources of knowledge.
- LibriVox Audio Books - This website provides free access to over 24,000 audio books. Each audio book can be streamed over the internet or downloaded for later use. All LibriVox audio books can be freely listened to and shared.
- Project Gutenberg - This website is the oldest digital library. It started as a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books. As of 3 October 2015, Project Gutenberg reached 50,000 items in its collection.