TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
ACS Whole Child Wellness:
Test Anxiety Tips
- Be prepared - notes, pencils, pens, calculator?
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Fuel up with nutritious food.
- Get to class—or the testing site—early .
- Have a positive mental attitude .
- Read directions carefully and stay focused.
- Just start. - You can always go back and change things later if needed.
- Don’t pay attention to what other people are doing.
- Watch the clock - Mentally allocate how much time you’ll spend on each section. If there’s time to recheck, even better.
- Focus on calm breathing and positive thoughts .
What to expect as we wrap up the year 2018-19.
- S2 Reviews and Final exams Gds 8-12
- Projects and reviews in Gds 6 and 7
- Senior Farewell - May 24th
- Special Awards Ceremony - May 30th
- Early dismissal on last day of school at 12:00
- Graduation Ceremony - May 31
- Report cards sent home - June 5
Secondary Specials Awards
ACS Secondary School will be hosting our Annual Special Awards on the last day of school, June 30th. If your child is receiving an award, the office will send you a message to attend. The awards will be Presidential Excellence awards (Yearly Cumulative GPA of 3.5) , Presidential Achievement Awards (Yearly Cumulative GPA of 3.3) and American Citizenship Awards for leadership and sense of community.
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE ASSIGNMENTS 2019-2020
HS course Assignments/Selection for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year will take place during of the week of May 13, 2019. HS students will choose their schedule for next school year in accordance to the requirements of the dual American and Bolivian diplomas and ACS graduation requirements.
Final Exams Schedules
Senior Final Exams S2: In the Auditorium.
- Seniors take their finals S2 exams one week before the rest of HS.
- Seniors are expected to attend school normally on Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 and there are no excused absences during these two days of reviews.
Grade 8-11 Final Exams S2: In the Band Room.
- Grade 8 takes final exams for the first time with the HS students.
- Grade 8-11 students do not attend regular class; they only come to school for the Final Exams.
- Students need to be in the Band Room 15 minutes before the exam starts.
- Students are not allowed off campus until they finish both exams for the day. They should bring lunch or a snack to have in between both exams.
- Grades 6 and 7 continue with classes and assignments during the week of finals.
- Grade 12 will not be on campus.
2019-2020: IMPORTANT DATES CALENDAR
The 2019-2020 School Calendar of important dates is linked here for your planning purposes. Please make sure to check these dates before planning vacations.
- Click here to see updates on our COUGAR PRESS.
Secondary Course Descriptions
- Click here to see Middle School Course Descriptions
- Click here to see High School Course Descriptions and the 4-Year Planning Guide
Secondary WAAGs Made Easy
Secondary Healthy Dispositions
Getting Ready for 2019-20 School Year
Student Supply lists for 2019-20
Summer Reading Requirements:
- Special Awards Ceremony -
Excerpts from the ACS Student Parent Handbook 2018-19:
- All tardies are considered unexcused unless approved by the level principal and excessive tardies are considered an infraction.
- ...absences immediately preceding and following a school holiday will not be approved and will be considered as an unexcused absence.
- Semester exams/tests will not be given early, no absences can be excused during exam days
- Excused Absences:
- Medical excuse within 24 hours of the absence and inform the school on the day of the absence that student is ill.
- Provide a written letter from a sports federation at least three days in advance of the absence, etc. and the student completes a Planned Absence Form which must be signed and filed in the secondary office before the student’s absence.
- Unexcused absences: student receives no credit for the missed classes. Any other reason for absences must have evidence to support the absence and be given to the school before the days of absence.