TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We challenge and inspire students to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and responsible global citizens through a comprehensive, English-based education.
Founded in Integrity
Committed to Diversity
Focussed on Excellence
Thought for the Week
Mark Your Calendar!
- Wednesday, Sept. 11 - 9/11 Commemorative Ceremony for students in 1st - 12th grade @ 8:25 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11 - Early Dismissal @ 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 - First Announced Fire Drill @ 10:40 a.m.
- Family Day Picnic - Saturday, Sept. 14; 12 - 4 p.m.
Message from the Principal
ACS GREEN INITIATIVE
The ACS Green Initiative is linked to Goal #2 in our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. The Goal is to empower our learners to find their role in a fast-paced and changing world through ethical leadership and global citizenship. Here are some of the green programs we continue to develop that address priorities associated with this goal:
- Embedding sustainability in the curriculum
- Linking Bolivian history and culture with our community potato plot project, our two greenhouses and composting facilities, and our student run gardens
- Reducing our electricity and paper consumption through the educational efforts of our Carbon Cutters and Bio-Guardians clubs
- Exploring additional opportunities to use use renewable energy on campus
Additionally, we invite you to Family Day Picnic when we will be planting 15 trees (Jacaranda and Molle) on campus (one for each grade). Our tree planting initiative launches another phase of our larger initiative related to the "Greening of ACS." Stay tuned for news about when your child's class will be invited to plant their tree.
BE IN THE KNOW!!
The safety of your child and all children in our schools as well as the safety of the school staff and support personnel is very important to us. In order to maintain a safe environment for our children to study and learn, it is necessary that we practice our emergency and crisis response plans by having drills designed to exercise our procedures. This is to help you understand the importance of this as well as to understand each type of drill.
The students and staff of your school will be practicing 4 primary emergency drills each year. They are “FIRE DRILLS”; “LOCKDOWN DRILLS”; “SAFE HAVEN DRILLS”, and “OFF CAMPUS DRILLS”. Each type of drill is explained below.
The school will conduct a “fire drill” three times during the school year. This is a Fire Code requirement as well as a requirement for all Bolivian schools. We want each student to understand and be aware of the importance of this drill and not be afraid when the fire alarm is sounded. By practicing they will know what to do and how to do it.
The school will conduct three “Lockdown Drill” throughout the school year. This type of drill will secure the school building and safely shelter all students, staff and visitors inside the building. The purpose of this drill is to keep the students safe from any danger outside or inside the building. During a “lockdown drill” all of the perimeter doors to the school building will be locked and will remain locked until the danger or issue outside or inside the building is removed. To enable everyone to remain safe, no one will be allowed to enter the campus or leave campus until the drill is completed.
SAFE HAVEN DRILLS
The “SAFE HAVEN” drill will be conducted three times each school year. The purpose of this drill is to be prepared to move to a safe location within the campus in case of severe weather or any danger approaching our campus.
OFF CAMPUS DRILLS
During an “OFF CAMPUS Drill”, students will be safely escorted along a designated evacuation route to our predetermined evacuation site. At the conclusion of the drill, all students will be escorted back to the school.
For the safety of everyone involved and to maintain order, we respectfully ask that you would abide by the following:
• Please make sure that your contact information is current at all times so that you can be reached without delay in the event of an emergency.
• In the event of an actual emergency evacuation, you will receive a notification where to pick up your child as soon as practicable.
Please remember that these safety practice drills are done to help maintain our schools as a safe place to learn and work.
If you have any questions regarding any of these Safety Drills or other safety concerns, please contact the school office, or the superintendent.