Message from the Superintendent
Dear ACS Families,
It is hard to believe that we are already at the mid-Quarter mark. Celebrations of student learning and achievement continue to pack our calendar including the induction of this year's new National Honor's Society members, the Secondary Academic Awards Ceremony and the upcoming Excellence Scholarship Awards that will be announced at our first General Assembly on Wednesday, October 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the Theatre. We also want to invite you to our traditional Family Day Picnic filled with good food and fun and a special tree planting event. Please read below for more information about this ACS Green initiative and other important information.
ACS GREEN INITIATIVE
The ACS Green Initiative is linked to Goal #2 in our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. The Goal is to empower our learners to find their role in a fast-paced and changing world through ethical leadership and global citizenship. Here are some of the green programs we continue to develop that address priorities associated with this goal:
- Embedding sustainability in the curriculum
- Linking Bolivian history and culture with our community potato plot project, our two greenhouses and composting facilities, and our student run gardens
- Reducing our electricity and paper consumption through the educational efforts of our Carbon Cutters and Bio-Guardians clubs
- Exploring additional opportunities to use use renewable energy on campus
Additionally, I invite you to Family Day Picnic when we will be planting 15 trees (Jacaranda and Molle) on campus (one for each grade). Our tree planting initiative launches another phase of our larger initiative related to the "Greening of ACS." See below for news about when your child's class will be invited to plant their tree.
Welcome Back! La Huerta is pleased to be providing food service for ACS and to announce our new menu (linked here and always in the Cougar Hub). Under the leadership of Cecilia Jacobs, La Huerta continues to provide healthy food choices for our community at very reasonable prices. Parents can deposit money into their child’s account through bank transfer, bank deposit or directly with the cafeteria staff on campus from 7:45-8:10 a.m. or 3:00-5:00 p.m. Please note that:
- To ensure immediate availability of a factura and recording of funds in your child's account parents must take a screenshot of the transfer or a picture of the deposit receipts, send directly to the Cafeteria WhatsAPP #715 23784.
- ES students are discouraged from carrying cash to pay for the cafeteria.
- SS students may pay for services directly or deposit money in their accounts during brunch and lunch and before and after school from 7:45-8:10 or 3:00-17:00.
- ACS staff is not permitted to accept money or proof of payment for cafeteria purposes.
Please click on this link for an archive of previous Messages from the Superintendent
Please bookmark this site and keep it handy for quick reference. Real-time information about everything ACS is at your fingertips and just a click away.
Family Day Picnic- Tree planting activity
- Monday, Sept. 16-20: CWW Secondary School
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: Early Dismissal: 2:00 p.m. KG3-12
- Friday, Sept. 27: Student Appreciation Day
- Monday, Sept. 30: Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2-4: MS Cougar Cup
- Friday, Oct. 4: End of Quarter 1
- Monday, Oct. 7-11: Fall Break: No Classes
- Monday, Oct. 14: Quarter 2 Begins
SUPPLY LIST 2019-2020
MEET THE TEAM
- 2019-2020 ACS Child Protection Policy
- 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
- 2019-2024 Plan Estratégico
- Quick Action Emergency Guide
- Academic Calendar
- School Profile 2018-2019
- Student/Parent Handbooks:
- Elementary (English)
- Elementary (Espanol)
- Secondary (English)
- Secondary (Espanol)
- Athletic Handbook
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (English)
- Extra-Curricular Handbook (Espanol)
- ACS Network Security
- ACS Responsible Use Guidelines (RUG): Technology
- Lineamientos para uso tecnologia responsable RUG: Spanish
- ACS RUG Acknowledgement Form
- Reglamento Interno
- Parent Representative Guidelines
- Staff Directory and Profiles
- Board Members
- Chain of Command (English)
- Cadena de Comando (Spanish)
- Election of Board Members
- Board Meetings and General Assembly Dates
- Parents' Rights/Responsibilities and Communication with the Board
COUGAR PARENT LEARNING COMMUNITY
A list of the 2019-2020 Parent Forums is coming soon.
- 2018-19 Presentations
- February 13: Improving Communication with Your Child
- Jan. 23rd: Substance Abuse and Warning Signs
- Nov. 14: Living in the Digital Age: What Your Child is Doing on Their Device
- Oct. 3: ADD/ADHD and Self-regulation
- Sept. 19: Standards Based Learning at ACS
- Sept. 12: How Do I Support My Child's Learning at Home?
- August 23: 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Aug. 14 Senior College Counseling Kick-Off
- 2017-18 Presentations
- Nov 14: Living in the Digital Age: Nov. 14
- Dec 1: ES Emotional and Psychological Development in Children
- Dec 1: SS Emotional and Psychological Development in Teenagers.
- January 17: SS Improving PSAT Scores
- January 25: ES Creating a Happy Home
- February 6: Financial Aid Information
- February 6: Getting into College: Senior Parent Presentation
- March 22: Living in the Digital Age
- May 3: 5th-6th Grade Transition Presentation
- General Assembly Presentations
- Sports Complex Opening Hours (In Process of being revised for 2019-2020)
- All School
We welcome your observations and suggestions about all ACS programs, events and initiatives. You can provide feedback by clicking on this link. or by clicking on the Feedback links provided on each of the Secondary and Elementary Newsletters.