Quote of the Week
“When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, its our job to share our calm. Not join their chaos." L.R. Knost
- An Email Away - If you have any concerns about the well being of your child, I am an email away. Please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
- Elementary Counseling Hours - The Elementary Counseling are hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please schedule an appointment with the Elementary Assistant.
- Social-Emotional Learning and Character Education - We are excited to continue our delivery of the Second Step program in our elementary classrooms as a tool to help us build a positive school culture. The Second Step Program is instrumental in strengthening the social-emotional skills of kids around the world and helping them reach their full potential. Grounded in extensive research, the evidence-based Second Step Program carries a reputation for results. Each year, 10.6 million elementary and middle school students in the United States learn a common social-emotional language—and educators across the country praise the program’s ease of use and the speed at which they see improvements in the classroom. Want to learn more about SEL? Download the white paper Self-Regulation: Setting the Course for Success and visit our What is SEL? Page.
- Looking for research? The Second Step program is grounded in current, comprehensive research, and Second Step is committed to evaluating program outcomes. Visit our research page to learn more.
BULLY PREVENTION MONTH
Committee for Children created bullying prevention superhero Captain Compassion to help families and educators talk to kids about bullying, and to empower both adults and children to be effective bystanders.
Empower the kids in your life to activate their bystander power today, and together, we can help stop bullying!
ADHD Awareness Month Webinar on October 22: Win with ADHD: The Best Life Hacks for Adults and Kids
Register for a free expert webinar to learn the best life hacks for kids and adults with ADHD.
Sign up and you will receive the free webinar replay link after 10/22 as well!
Date: October 22 Time: 1:00 P.M. Place: https://www.additudemag.com/webinar/real-life-hacks-for-adhd/
Positive Relations and why it matters
Positive relationships are important because they help children develop independence, self esteem and wellbeing. Children will feel confident, secure and be able to trust their relationship with adults in turn learning to trust their own decisions.
Parent-Child Relationship – Why it’s Important- Parenting is the most fulfilling job that we will ever have, but it’s not without it’s challenges. Modern family life can be stressful and with various pressures on families it’s not always easy. Ultimately, parents want what is best for their child and a strong parent-child relationship can help lead to better outcomes for children.
7 simple ways to support your child’s mental health- “It’s never too early or too late to start thinking about your child’s mental health, and how as a parent, you have a hugely important role in helping them to develop their ability to cope with life’s challenges as they grow”
- Sites & Links
- PBS Parents - While there are many styles of parenting, almost all parents have the same basic hopes for their children. We want them to be kind, confident and brave.
- ASQ:SE-2 Parent Activities - Share these fun and effective activities with parents to help them promote their child’s social-emotional skills.
- Parent tip sheet - 17 practical ways parents can support the social-emotional development of their young children.